Izu Clay Coffee Dripper
About This Product
Size: 1-2 cups
A Coffee Dripper with Izu Clay placed onto the corner. Enjoy your own drip coffee at home with this beautiful piece.
Size/ Φ97mm × 120 x h80
Microwave & Dishwasher/ Not Recommended
- The artist doesn’t use glaze on the Izu Clay components of her products, in order to show the original style and color of the clay. Do not wash with detergent containing abrasive polishing compound.
- Each kilned Izu Clay is unique and different, so no pattern on a given work is the same as another.
About Miki Furusho
Born in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Currently residing in Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
1999 Graduated from Arita College of Ceramics
2014～Winner of the 50th Japan Craft Exhibition
The signature of Miki Furusho’s work is the use of Izu Clay from the Izu Peninsula of Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan.
Freshly unearthed Izu Clay is beige, pink or gray. Usually, ceramists will wedge clay before making pottery, turning Izu mud red. However, instead of using this technique, Miki Furusho showcases the specialty of Izu Clay: she pats the clay continuously until it becomes as thin as paper, then cuts it and sticks it onto normal mud before finishing in the kiln.
After kilning Izu Clay in high heat, the black, white and brown color will show up clearly on the work. These beautiful textures are formed naturally from ten thousand years under the earth, something which cannot be made artificially by any method.
“Izu Clay is beautiful, and I find that beauty extraordinary.” Even though Miki Furusho has been using Izu Clay for more than 10 years, she’s still amazed by the final product, and never tires of it. The goal of the artist is “to create works I am proud of and not fail the specialness of Izu Clay.”
No matter the style of your dining table, the natural features of Izu Clay will make the dishes on it look even more delicious.
For US domestic shipping :
For Overseas Shipping :
DHL Express shipping for any overseas orders. Please note that import duties and local sales tax may be payable on receipt of your order, determined by the items you are ordering and the total value of your order.
- Go to our RETURNS CENTER, enter your order number and email address in the fields above and click Start
- Follow the instructions and select the items you want to return
- You will get a confirmation email with the shipping guidelines once the return request is approved
- They must be in original condition
- For clothing, unwashed and unworn
- In the original packaging
- There are no charges for return
- Original shipping charges are non-refundable
- You are responsible for the charges of the return shipment
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied original method of payment, within 10 working days.