Bird earrings | Ecru | Long
About This Product
Stuck at home during the COVID lockdowns, Ms. Buro imagined the birds outside flying freely in the sky. She conceived the Bird Earrings series to represent this feeling of freedom. These earrings float gently alongside the wearer, like a bird in the wind. Purl and knit stitches with silk.
* If the tassel get disarray, put it on a jet steam and pick it with your fingers to smooth it out. Boil hot water in a kettle or pot, shake the tassel on the steam, and smooth it with your fingers.
Ecru silk thread
14K gold filled leverback
About Hue Rain | Ayako Buro
Ayako Buro crochets naturally, elegantly and comfortably to create and deliver things that are considerate of new days and that lighten your mind.
Ayako Buro lives in Japan. She has liked to make things and adventure since she was a child. After studying Stage Art in Tokyo, she started her career as a graphic designer while also working part-time as a waitress and manager in several cafes. In 2011, she began to travel on small remote islands and abroad with crochet hooks in her rucksacks.
Ms. Buro has experience breeding silkworms, cultivating cotton, spinning hemp, spinning kudzu-plants fiber, woodworking, working with beeswax, plant dyeing, and more handcraft techniques. These diverse experiences stem from her desire to know natural materials and the background in which they are made.
Ms. Buro prefers to use silk because its natural protein fibers don’t cause a reaction in the skin; even the most sensitive people can wear it every day.
In 2015, when she lived in Northern Thailand, she started selling crochet artworks under the brand Hue Rain.
She makes jewelry, ornaments, and installation art through exhibitions and Artist-in-Residence programs. Eventually, she and her husband, Mr. Buro, moved to Italy, and held numerous exhibitions before moving back to Japan.
For US domestic shipping :
For Overseas Shipping :
DHL Express shipping for any overseas orders. Please note that import duties and local sales tax may be payable on receipt of your order, determined by the items you are ordering and the total value of your order.
- Go to our RETURNS CENTER, enter your order number and email address in the fields above and click Start
- Follow the instructions and select the items you want to return
- You will get a confirmation email with the shipping guidelines once the return request is approved
- They must be in original condition
- For clothing, unwashed and unworn
- In the original packaging
- There are no charges for return
- Original shipping charges are non-refundable
- You are responsible for the charges of the return shipment
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied original method of payment, within 10 working days.